Mrauk U is the famous capital city of Rakhine and its civilization flourished from 1430 to 1785.
The Andaw Pagoda of Mrauk U is the Pagoda enshrining the tooth-relic of Buddha. The Pagoda is located about 86ft (26m) from the Shitthaung Pagoda in the north-east direction. Min Hla Raza was the original builder of this Pagoda in AD 1521
The old steel clock tower is located in Sittwe, the capital city of Rakhine State, erected by the Dutch in the 18th Century.
Sakkyar Man Aung Pagoda is located on the east side of Mrauk U. This pagoda is known to be one of the five most revered “Man” paya of Mrauk U. King Sri Suddhamma Raja built the Sakkyar Man Aung Pagoda in AD 1629. It is located in the south of Yadanar Man Aung Pagoda.
Shitthaung Pagoda or “temple of the 80,000 Buddha’s” is located about half a mile to the north of the palace site and it was built by Minbargyi, one of the most powerful kings of the Mrauk U Dynasty. It is an ancient temple in Mrauk U of northern Rakhine State, Myanmar.
Yadanar Man Aung Pagoda is known to be one of the five most revered “Man” paya of Mrauk U period. It is situated about half a mile (0.8km) in the northeast from the ancient palace mound, having been built in 1658 by King Sanda Thudhamma Yaza and Queen Yadana Piya Dewi.